I’ve already wrote about how to get water when off the grid. Today we will have a look on how to deal with black water - sewage.
In traditional houses, we are connected to the citysewage system, or we have a tank that needs to be emptied regularly.
In self-sufficient houses, we use WASTEWATER TREATMENT, there are several types (from cheapest):
1. DRAINAGE - takes up quite a lot of space
2. SAND - sand is a cleansing layer
3. PLANT - soil and plants are a cleansing layer
4. BIOLOGICAL - microorganisms are used in the purification process
5. ACTIVE SLUDGE - very effective, takes up little space
They all work on a similar principle, dug into the ground, once a year you have to collect a small amount of sludge, they are odorless. 🌿
As simple as that! 😉
Do you have any questions?
Building a better world. Together!
SAVAGAYA / Natalia Szyk-Trocha